When you have one of these best food processors, cooking becomes a cakewalk!
Housewives spend hours in kitchens which they hate the most. Food-processors are commodities of great utility that ease their tasks and help them save time. These machines can perform multiple tasks right from dicing onions, mincing parsley to grinding cheese or slicing tomatoes, shredding carrots, mozzarella and kneading dough etc. It is utterly useful!
Realizing the importance of a food processor in kitchens, if you have decided to purchase it, here is a complete insight of the best food processors 2020 and what all to look for when you want to buy a food processor.
There are certain factors which help you determine that you have bought the best food processor. Ease of use, how easily its various components can be assembled, ease of cleanliness are some of the considerations that buyers should take care of when they are out in the market to buy a food processor.
For 2020 Breville Sous Chef is the most popular choice and it is fast becoming a darling of housewives. According to public opinion, it is a top-rated food processor as far as performance of motor is concerned. It has micro-serrated S-blade and a slicer that can be easily adjusted with as many as 24 settings. There are many things like dough blade, reversible shredder and much more. These high level processors Β are top rated in everything whether it is about mincing parsleys, dicing onions or slicing tomatoes etc. These food processors actually give you the best value for your money.
Here are a few top performing models of the best food processors.
- High Performance and Efficiency: Breville Sous Chef 12-Cup Food Processor
- Most Useful Food Processor: Oster 2 Speed 10-cup food processor
- Most Admired Food Processor on Amazon: Cuisinart 14-cup food processor
- Best Mini-sized Food Processor: KitchenAid 3.5 cup mini food chopper
- Best Large-sized Food Processor: KitchenAid 14-cup food processor
- Best Medium-sized Food Processor: Cuisinart Prep 99-cup food processor
π Breville Sous Chef 12-cup Food Processor
The model is stacked with bells and whistles and has earned near to perfect score when it comes to slicing and dicing. A super-power motor ensures high-efficiency.
- Used for grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts, for mixing batters and for pureeing.
- 12 cup cap with BPA free plastic bowl.
- Safety braking system that prevents motor from operating unless it is correctly locked and positioned
- Maximum processing and control is possible with momentary pulse button
- 1000 watt induction motor which is versatile and compact in size.
- Voltage 110-120 V
- 24-slice setting is very impressive and enables motor to perform optimally.
- 2-cutting disks and 3 blade attachments
π Oster 2 Speed 10-cup food processor
It is easiest to use food processors. All the parts are easy to assemble and dishwasher safe. It is no frill black model which comes with an S-shape blade meant for chopping, doughing blade and slicing etc. All the accessories are dish-washer safe and easy to clean.
- This versatile food processor chops, shreds, slices and kneads efficiently.
- A compact design which stores and stacks
- A wide-mouth chute enables processing of even large and tougher ingredients.
- Stainless steel S shaped blade meant for mixing and chopping.
- 10-cup capacity work bowl that has an immensely powerful 500-watt motor.
- 2-speed food chopper with pulse setting for complete control.
- Parts that are dishwasher safe
- Can be assembled easily
- It bruises herbs like coriander
π Cusinart 14-cup Food Processor
Owing to its simple design and powerful motor, Cusinart 14-cup food processor has gained an immense amount of popularity. It has a simple design and performs very well. The food process is simply the best in things like chopping onions, mincing parsley and grinding cheese etc. When you need to perform the tasks slicing tomatoes and pepperoni etc. this food processor works the best.
Solid base of the food processor did not move when you knead dough. Accessories of the food processor are dishwasher safe.
- Includes standard slicing discs that are made up of stainless steel, stainless steel chopping blades and a medium shredding disc.
- 720-watt large sized food processor that has an intuitive βonβ and βoffβ buttons
- Feed tube is extra large with large and small pushers.
- 15-cup Lexan work bowl
- Detachable disc stem
- Slicing and shredding blades are non-adjustable
- MC cubic feet: 1.14
- Simplistic design
- Powerful motor
- Large and compact bowl
- Discs are difficult to adjust
- Feed tube is in rear end.
π KitchenAid 3.5 cup mini food chopperΒ
KitchenAid 3.5 cup mini-chopper is indeed a smart pick for small kitchens and dorm rooms. However, it has just one chopping blade with the help of which you would not be able to slice tomatoes. The blender pulses at 2 different speeds. All the parts of the blender are dishwasher-safe. Though this blender is small in size but has a high performance. Only a chopping blade is available and it does not slice.
- 2-speeds and two pulse operation helps you get precise control.
- Compact and light in weight. Perfect for everyday use in the kitchens
- 5 cup work bowl has a lock blade, pour spout and a handle which make them easy to use.
- It is light in weight, compact and just perfect for day to day use in your kitchens.
- Can be cleaned easily and has dishwasher safe accessories.
- Available in 16 different cool colors
- Can be kept conveniently anywhere as it required little counter space.
- High performance.
- Only chopping blade is available. It cannot slice.
If you need a convenient food processor for your small kitchens, KitchenAid 3.5 cup mini food processor will be an ideal choice.
π KitchenAid 14-cup food processor
Despite the fact that this food processor is bulky, requires a lot of space and expensive, it is high in demand. It is ideal for the large families and best for the parties.
- An effortless dicing is possible with this food processor.
- It features optimized speeds and has an external lever.
- High, low and pulse speed options are available that enables the users to process all the ingredients just by a touch of a button.
- There is two-in-one feed tube which enables continual shredding or slicing which depends on the size of ingredients.
- Hands-free commercial style dicing kit for hassle-free processing.
- It includes 14-cup work bowl, lid with feed tube, and lid without feed tube, adjustable slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, cleaning tool, dicing kit and storage case.
- Perfect for large families and parties.
- 4-cup additional work bowl and dual lids with extra blades means extra efficiency.
- Heavy and occupies a lot of counter-space.
It is an ideal purchase for large families.
π Cuisinart Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor
Cuisinart Prep-99 cup food processor can do even the tough and tricky tasks with a perfect ease. Whether you want to slice tomatoes or shred carrots or do such similar thing, this food processor will be the best choice. It has easy-to-use controls and three buttons (on, off and pulse).Β It is good for those who just begin with food processing. 9-cup capacity is just ideal for most of the users. You can shred, slice and chop by mere push of a button.
It is just a perfect tool for completing any task. A stainless steel finish makes it a perfect compliment for your kitchens.
- 600 watt motor
- Shredding disc is made up of stainless steel.
- Chopping/mixing blades
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Right from slicing tomatoes and shredding carrots, it is perfect for all tasks.
- It can be used easily by the beginners
- Not meant for heavy usage.
What Makes A Great Processor? What should I look for in a processor?
Versatility: A top-performing food processor should be able to take on whole or large pieces of fresh produce, like onions, carrots, herbs, or potatoes and blitz them into uniform pieces (dices or shreds) in very little time. They should also be able to take on tasks like grinding hard cheeses, pureeing soups or sauces, making emulsions like mayo, and even kneading dough for bread. When shopping, look for a model that has blades for slicing foods like tomatoes or cheese, too.
Capacity: Consider the types of tasks youβll be using your food processor for and choose your size from there:
- 2- or 4-cup models are for very basic small tasks like chopping herbs, making hummus pureeing baby food, and whipping up dressing or mayo.
- 8-cup models are best for beginners: Not too big, not too small. Keep in mind while they can be used for pastry dough, it would be tough to make bread in this size.
- 12- or 14-cup models are our recommendation for most households. Theyβre versatile and large enough to handle bread dough, and often come with a second small work bowl for smaller tasks and an assortment of accessories, too.
How do You Know You Have Chosen the Best Processor? What should I look for when buying a processor?
A good food processor is an indispensable item for your kitchens. They are versatile and efficient. Whether you want to shred cheese, slice veggies, make dough or chop salsa ingredients or do more, you can do the same with food processors. But, whenever you are out to buy a good food processor for your kitchen, you tend to get confused as there are so many choices available and to make the right choice is really difficult. Given here are a few things that make food processors great.
π Look for High functionality:
Top performing food processors are highly versatile. Whatever you want to chop or grade whether carrots, tomatoes, onions, potatoes or whatever, you can do the same with the help of a good processor. So, when you are out for purchase of the best food processor, you should look for a model that has the right blades for slicing and grading.
π Choose Capacity Carefully:
A large depends on the tasks you need to perform with food processor. You can choose the food processor accordingly.
- 2 or 4 cup models are the most basic ones which are used for doing small tasks like chopping the herbs, pureeing baby foods and making hummus etc.
- 8 cup models are great for the people who just start using food processors. They are neither too big nor too small. They are used for making pastry dough.
- 12 or 14 cup models are meant for those who need a highly versatile food blender. They can handle bread dough and suitable for carrying out a number of smaller tasks.
π Right Accessories:
All the food processors available in the market are available with a work bowl for pureeing and chopping. Some of the food processors have shredding and slicing discs also. A great food processor has all the accessories like dough blades, dicing accessories etc. Its racks are dishwasher safe also.
All food processors come with a work bowl for chopping and pureeing, and most basic ones comes with a slicing and shredding disc as well. Other accessories to look for are a small work bowl and blade for smaller tasks, a dough blade, a dicing accessory, and even a blender attachment for smoothies. Most are top-rack dishwasher safe.
When you need to choose the best food processor just make sure that it has all the required accessories.
π Powerful Motor:
The food processor that you choose should have a powerful motor that can handle even tough and tricky tasks also. There are a number of tasks that a food processor should be capable of doing. A powerful motor is the most desirable thing. If you need to chop the veggies efficiently and uniformly, choose a food processor with at least 600 watt more.
π Heavy Does not Mean High Performance:
A heavier base does not mean better performance. Heaviness does not mean more power. There are so many food processors available in the market that is affordable and easier to use. Some food processors have features like suction cups but it is meant just for keeping bases from moving around.
π Choose Size According to Your Needs:
Food processors are available in different sizes. Right from the small and the most modest 3-choppers to 20 cup versions, different choices are available in the market. What size you select depends on what for you are using your processor primarily and how big is your family.
π Brands and Affordability:
A lot depends on the brand that you choose. There are two leaders in the market at present: KitchenAid and Cuisinart. They are most expensive also. 11-cup and larger versions of these top brands cost $130 or more. There are certain lower-end brands also that are popular and cost you low like Black & Decker and Hamilton Beach.
A lot depends on how much you can afford and your personal preference. So, choose that suits your budget and your needs the best.
π Speeds and Settings:
Most of the food processors have just one speed and there are others that can set to medium or low settings. Β Choose a pulse setting so that you can chop the food as per your convenience and there is no risk of over processing. Take care to look out whether the food processor that you choose to buy has speeds and settings.
Also, make sure that the blender you choose should have a pulse button so that small bursts of power can be given when you need to need to chop or knead dough. Look for things like smooth touch pads for the controls which are much easier to clean than the raised buttons.
π Warranty on Product:
Buying a food processor is a great investment indeed. So, before you buy it is good to check out the manufacturer warranty. Incredible though it may sound but it is true that some housewives boat of using popular food processors like Cuisinarts for three decades or so. If you are getting adequate warranties for motors and accessories, the food processor is worth buying.
Food processor is an indispensible item for your kitchens. It transforms the way you cook and prepare food. Buying one for your kitchen can end several tasks like chopping and grinding. Dicing, slicing, making dough etc. are some of the tasks that need a lot of efforts. If you are busy in modern lives and want to indulge in a hassle-free cooking buying a food processor is a wise thing to do. Gone are the days when preparing meals is an utterly time consuming task. With so many options of food processors available in the market, cooking is a breeze.
When you are out in the market to buy a food processor for yourself, check out things like powerful motor, convenience of use, accessories and warranty. Get hold of a processor that suits your needs and budget to feel like getting the best value for your investment.
Cooking large meals become all the easier with the best food processor!